Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 07:00:17 -0500

115 
ATHW40 PHFO 011200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 01 2010

A SLOW-MOVING SURFACE TROUGH IN THE AREA CONTINUES TO INDUCE 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN...OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST...LOW CLOUDINESS AND 
SHOWERS OVER THE ALOHA STATE AND ADJACENT WATERS.  AS OF BULLETIN 
TIME...MOST OF THE SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING IN WINDWARD COASTAL AND 
WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF EAST MAUI...AND EASTERN AND CENTRAL 
PARTS OF OAHU.  MORE SHOWERS ARE EVIDENT NORTH AND SOUTH OF MAUI 
COUNTY...NORTHWEST AND SOUTH OF OAHU...AND JUST WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND.  ON THE OTHER HAND...SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR EAST CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND DIRECTLY SOUTH OF KAUAI.  
LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST NEAR 10 
MPH FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...AND FROM THE EAST TO EAST- 
NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH NEAR KAUAI.

A WEAK FRONT IS MORE THAN 325 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI AND APPEARS TO BE 
HEADING SLOWLY TOWARD THE SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST.  MOST OF THE 
CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE 
FROM 30N149W TO 27.5N158W TO 25.5N170W.  THE LOW CLOUDS AT THE 
LEADING EDGE OF THE BOUNDARY ARE BECOMING MORE DIFFUSE WITH TIME.

THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE CHANGE IN UPPER AIR FEATURES...ABOVE 25 
THOUSAND FEET...SINCE LAST EVENING.  THE AXIS OF A NORTH-NORTHEAST 
TO SOUTH-SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH IS EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND IS 
ALONG A LINE FROM 25N149W TO 19N153W TO 13N156W.  THE SYSTEM HAS 
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS...THOUGH IT HAS 
NARROWED IN THE EAST-WEST DIRECTION.  AN UPPER HIGH HAS REMAINED 
ANCHORED ABOUT 475 MILES WEST OF KAUAI.  THIS CONFIGURATION ALOFT IS 
PRODUCING A NORTH FLOW ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE IGNITING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 145W AND 162W...AND 
FROM 04.5N TO 11N BETWEEN 162W AND THE DATE LINE AT 180.  SOME CELLS 
ARE CLIMBING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND FEET IN THE AREA FROM 06N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 177W AS OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.