Subject: East Pacific: Monthly Tropical Weather Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 07:35:59 -0500

606 
ABPZ30 KNHC 011235
TWSEP 
MONTHLY TROPICAL WEATHER SUMMARY
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM PDT FRI OCT 01 2010
 
FOR THE EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC...EAST OF 140 DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE..
 
ONE TROPICAL STORM AND TWO TROPICAL DEPRESSIONS FORMED IN THE
EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC BASIN DURING SEPTEMBER.  THESE NUMBERS ARE
WELL BELOW THE LONG-TERM AVERAGES OF 3 TROPICAL STORMS...2
HURRICANES...AND 1 MAJOR HURRICANE.  IN FACT...SINCE THE SATELLITE
ERA BEGAN IN 1971...THIS IS THE QUIETEST SEPTEMBER ON RECORD IN
TERMS OF ACCUMULATED CYCLONE ENERGY...ACE...WHICH MEASURES THE
COMBINED STRENGTH AND DURATION OF TROPICAL STORMS AND HURRICANES.

SO FAR THIS SEASON...OVERALL TROPICAL CYCLONE ACTIVITY OBSERVED TO
DATE IS ABOUT 46 PERCENT OF THE LONG-TERM MEDIAN.

REPORTS ON INDIVIDUAL CYCLONES...WHEN COMPLETED...ARE AT THE WEB
SITE OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER...USE LOWER-CASE LETTERS...
HTTP://WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/2010EPAC.SHTML

SUMMARY TABLE

NAME                 DATES        MAX WIND (MPH)    
-------------------------------------------------
TS AGATHA           29-30 MAY          45
TD TWO-E            16-17 JUN          35
TS BLAS             17-21 JUN          65
MH CELIA            19-29 JUN         160
MH DARBY            23-28 JUN         120
TD SIX-E            14-16 JUL          35
TS ESTELLE           6-10 AUG          65
TD EIGHT-E          20-22 AUG          35
H  FRANK            21-28 AUG          90
TD TEN-E              3-4 SEP          35
TD ELEVEN-E           3-4 SEP          35
TS GEORGETTE        21-23 SEP          40

$$
FORECASTER BRENNAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.