Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:02:02 -0500

439 
FZPN01 KWBC 011601
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 53N148W 962 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 40 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 19 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM S AND 600 NM E AND 540 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N152W 974 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N170W 1002 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 420 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N160W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N149W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. WITHIN 780 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N168W 984 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 480 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N166W 985 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N172E 1007 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 39N157E 1014 MB W OF AREA MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N176E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 44N165W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N176E 1006 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 53N BETWEEN 
143W AND 149W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 31N134W 1018 MB WILL MOVE N 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N133W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 35N160W 1025 MB MOVING 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N151W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N155W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 35N172E 1024 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N178W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N162W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 35N167E 1025 MB MOVING W 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N172W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH HIGH 35N162W MENTIONED 
ABOVE.

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 90W 
AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL. FROM 03N TO 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 90W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. FROM 02N TO 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 80W AND 90W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 12N135W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 20N 
W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N135W 1011 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
30N120W TO 10N130W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 15N 
W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND 
NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N134W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED 
SWELL. FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. REMAINDER OF AREA 
S OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW AND 
NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1445 UTC FRI OCT 01...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 14N107W TO 10N120W TO LOW 
PRES NEAR 12N135W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM SW 
QUADRANT OF LOW. 

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.