Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:45:14 -0500

663 
FZPN40 PHFO 011645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 27N157W TO 27N167W TO 29N179W.  FRONT MOVING 
SE SLOWLY E OF 165W...NEARLY STATIONARY W OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 29N146W TO 21N151W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.TROUGH FROM 07N160E TO 11N170E TO 13N178E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 25N170W TO 20N150W TO 
20N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 20N150W TO 00N154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
28N169E TO 16N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 
23N166W TO 16N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 21N AND 25N BOUNDED BY 166E AND 
176E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N143W TO 12N153W TO 08N179E.  ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM S AND 60 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 170W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.