Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:55:43 -0500

428 
FXPQ60 PGUM 012155
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
755 AM CHST SAT OCT 2 2010

.SYNOPSIS...
PGUA WSR-88D SHOWS ONLY A FEW SHOWERS WEST OF THE MARIANAS WATERS.
AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH IS CREATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS AND NORTHEAST OF WAKE
ISLAND. TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS CREATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N 140E TO
15N 174E WHICH INCLUDES POHNPEI.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
TRADE WINDS REMAIN IN CONTROL OF WEATHER IN THE MARIANAS. WITH
LITTLE IN THE WAY OF FEATURES TO SHAKE THE WATER OUT OF THE
AIR...A PARTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS FORECAST LOOKED REALLY
GOOD. THEREFORE...NO CHANGES WERE NEEDED.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
THE FORECAST FOR THE REGION HAS HELD QUITE WELL FOR THE LAST 24 
HOURS. THE FORECAST REMAINS UNCHANGED...EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST PERIOD 
IN POHNPEI...AS MODEL DATA HOLDS STEADY. SCATTERED SHOWERS WERE 
EXTENDED INTO TODAY FOR POHNPEI AS THE LINE OF SHOWERS THAT EXTENDS 
FROM SOUTH OF CHUUK TO NORTH OF KWAJALEIN HAS REMAINED STATIONARY 
OVERNIGHT. A TROUGH CREEPING ACROSS THE DATELINE WILL BRING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS TO MAJURO TONIGHT...GRADUALLY WORKING WESTWARD 
TOWARDS CHUUK EARLY NEXT WEEK.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
CHUUK SITS IN A DRY SPOT WITH SHOWERS TO THE NORTH AND THE SOUTH. 
SHOWERS TO THE NORTH ARE GRADUALLY DISSIPATING WHILE THE SOUTHERN 
SHOWERS ARE DEVELOPING SOUTHWESTWARD ALONG THE LINE EXTENDING FROM 
POHNPEI. THESE SHOWERS WILL SLOWLY LIFT NORTHWARD...BUT SCATTERED 
SHOWERS FOR CHUUK SEEMS TO BE A STRETCH AT THIS TIME. 
ELSEWHERE...YAP AND PALAU REMAIN DRY WITH LIGHT WINDS. AS MENTIONED 
IN PREVIOUS DISCUSSION...A GENERAL TREND OF INCREASING CLOUDS AND 
SHOWER ACTIVITY IS EXPECTED ACROSS YAP AND PALAU EARLY NEXT WEEK AS 
SHOWERS AND CLOUDS WITH THE TROUGH NEAR THE DATELINE SWEEPS 
WESTWARD. 

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

STANKO/M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.