Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:12:39 -0500

057 
FZPN01 KWBC 012211
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 55N148W 963 MB MOVING N 10 KT WILL TURN MORE NW 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 29 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 
TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM S AND 600 NM E AND 540 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N159W 983 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N167W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 47N168W 998 MB MOVING E 25 KT WILL TURN MORE NE IN 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 360 NM S AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N155W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N146W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 240 
NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N151W 986 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N145W 
TO 58N140W TO 55N136W. WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N160E 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N170W 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N172E 1006 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 40N160E 1012 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N175W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N163W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N178E 1000 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 53N BETWEEN 
135W AND 145W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 33N133W 1023 MB WILL MOVE N 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N134W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 34N160W 1026 MB MOVING 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N155W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N148W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 34N176E 1022 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N168W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 34N148W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N160E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N165E 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W 
AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL. FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 100W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 112W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 96W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N E OF 96W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 96W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N E OF 96W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.LOW PRES 12N135W 1013 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 20N 
W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N135W 1011 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SWELL. S OF 15N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 
15N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N134W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED 
SWELL. FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW AND NW SWELL. N OF 20N W OF 118W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI OCT 01...

.SCATTERED MODERATE NE OF LINE 03N78W TO 07N85W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N110W TO 07N121W TO LOW 
PRES 12N134W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 30 NM LINE 13N99W TO 10N110W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.