Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:45:06 -0500

679 
FZPN40 PHFO 012245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 26N168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 29N146W TO 19N153W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N159W TO 17S159W MOVING W SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 30N170E TO 19N162E MOVING W 15 KT. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
E OF TROUGH N OF 24N. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS W OF 176E BETWEEN 19N 
AND 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 09N160E TO 13N170E MOVING NW SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM S OF THE TROUGH...ALSO WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE OF 13N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 26N180W TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 
22N161W TO 30N164W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 
17N153W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 12N155W TO 08N180E TO 06N172E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM S OF ITCZ AND 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
168W AND 179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.