Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 22:05:46 -0500

643 
ATPQ40 PGUM 020305
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT OCT 2 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM NORTHWEST OF PALAU NEAR 10N133E 
TO A POINT NORTH OF THE NORTHERN MARIANAS NEAR 21N141E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH ARE 
LOCATED IN TWO AREA FROM 8N TO 14N AND WEST OF 133E...AND FROM 19N 
TO 25N BETWEEN 140E AND 152E. THIS LATTER AREA IS BEING ENHANCED BY 
AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH CENTERED NEAR 20N135.  FURTHER EAST...ANOTHER 
UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED NEAR 23N170E IS HELPING TO GENERATE 
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND FROM 19N TO 
25N BETWEEN 164E AND 175E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE ALONG THE ITCZ IS HELPING TO GENERATE A LINE 
OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 7N152E...NEAR CHUUK...TO 12N169E...JUST NORTH OF 
POHNPEI. IN ADDITION...EAST OF MAJURO...A LARGER AREA OF SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM 4N TO 10N AND EAST OF 173E IS 
ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK WESTWARD MOVING TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.