Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 22:51:46 -0500

820 
FZPN01 KWBC 020351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 56N149W 965 MB MOVING NW 10 KT WILL TURN W AFTER 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 
33 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS WITHIN 420 NM NE...660 NM SE...600 
NM SW...AND 720 NM W QUADRANTS AND N OF 60N E OF 179W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT...EXCEPT IN SW AND SE QUADRANTS SEAS 
14 TO 28 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 61N162W 984 MB. OVER WATERS 
WITHIN 720 NM S...540 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 58N BETWEEN 142W AND 
150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N162W 986 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT AND N OF 53N BETWEEN 168W AND 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N159W 997 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE...480 NM 
S...AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N146W 991 MB. FROM 44N TO 56N BETWEEN 
137W AND 152W AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 44N142W 
TO 38N152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N147W 988 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
NE AND 360 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 138W 
AND 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N162E 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N177W 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 41N169E 1013 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N174W 1013 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N161W 1002 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.HIGH 33N134W 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 36N151W 1024 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N148W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N138W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 34N180W 1022 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N168W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 45N166W 1017 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N143W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 04.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 112W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 96W 
AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL. FROM 03N TO 13N BETWEEN 90W AND 96W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 96W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 96W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 
93W AND 87W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. W OF LINE 20N120W TO 10N130W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 12N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SW AND NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 132W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW 
PART. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT OCT 02...

.SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 05N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 12N103W TO 08N120W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF 12N102W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.