Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 23:45:09 -0500

139 
FZPN40 PHFO 020445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N145W TO 23N151W TO 19N151W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 08N160E TO 13N166E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 27N170E TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 22N E OF 161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N144W TO 
16N155W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 16N BETWEEN 179E AND 163E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N144W TO 12N155W TO 08N180E TO 06N171E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM S OF ITCZ AND 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
172W AND 174E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.