Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 00:00:09 -0500

753 
ATHW40 PHFO 020500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 02 2010

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH HAS BEGUN TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE ISLANDS TOWARD 
THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST...THOUGH PLENTY OF LOW CLOUDS LINGER BELOW 
10 THOUSAND FEET ACROSS THE AREA FROM THE KAUAI CHANNEL TO THE BIG 
ISLAND THIS EARLY EVENING.  THIS CLOUDINESS EXTENDS JUST NORTH OF 
THE ISLES FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...JUST TO THE WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY...OAHU...AND KAUAI.  
SHOWERS REMAIN EMBEDDED WITHIN SOME OF THE LOW CLOUDS.  ON THE OTHER 
HAND...CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES EXIST WEST CLOCKWISE THROUGH 
NORTHEAST OF KAUAI...AND SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.  
MORE CLEAR TO SCATTERED CONDITIONS ARE EVIDENT IN THE AREA FROM 19N 
TO 20.5N BETWEEN 157W AND 160W.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT STATEWIDE IS 
FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH...WITH SPEEDS 
INCREASING ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN FROM EAST TO WEST.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH IS NEARLY STATIONARY EAST AND NORTHEAST OF 
THE ISLANDS.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS WITH THE FEATURE IS CURRENTLY 
LOCATED WITHIN 125 MILES EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 30N144W TO 
25.5N150.5W TO 20.5N152.5W.  ELSEWHERE...A FRONT THAT HAD BEEN ABOUT 
280 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI EARLIER IN THE DAY HAS DISSIPATED. REMNANT 
MOISTURE FROM THE OLD SYSTEM IS HEADING TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST 
AND IS REMAINING FAR NORTH OF THE ISLANDS.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A NORTH TO SOUTH ORIENTED 
TROUGH HAS MOVED OVER THE BIG ISLAND AND IS NOW ALONG A LINE FROM 
23N154W TO 19N156W TO 14N156W.  THE TROUGH HAS DRIFTED TOWARD THE 
WEST OVER THE PAST 12 TO 18 HOURS.  TO THE WEST OF THE STATE...A 
NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGE IS ALONG A LINE FROM 20N168W TO 25N170W TO 
28N173W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION 
IS NOW FOUND FROM 09N TO 13.5N BETWEEN 147W AND 168W...AND FROM 04N 
TO 11N WEST OF 168W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.