Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 04:48:00 -0500

272 
FZPN01 KWBC 020947
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 47N154W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 37N TO 49N BETWEEN 
148W AND 161W...AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 43N161W TO 
47N170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N145W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS N OF 44N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N146W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 360 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N150W 965 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST IN E SEMICIRCLE. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 61N BETWEEN 136W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST SE OF THE LOW CENTER.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 62N166W TO 57N179W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N166W 984 MB. OVER THE BERING SEA 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N162W 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND N OF 53N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N174E 1005 MB. FROM 41N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N168W 996 MB. FROM 35N TO 49N BETWEEN 
165W AND 173E...AND WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 48N150W TO 
44N165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 42N176E 1013 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N168W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM THE LOW TO 41N177E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N168W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.E OF A LINE FROM 36N123W TO 40N126W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 42N E OF 126W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 35N123W TO 39N126W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 52N160W TO 
50N170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N146W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 130W AND 134W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 151W AND 165W.

.HIGH 32N134W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 37N147W 1025 MB MOVING SW 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N152W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N146W 1028 MB.

.HIGH 32N173W 1023 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N141W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N162E 1030 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 04.

.WARNINGS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13.5N95W N WINDS
30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.S OF 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 133W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 91W AND 121W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.

.NW OF LINE 30N122W TO 9N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N119W TO 09N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N120W TO 12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT OCT 02...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 15N97W TO 10N112W TO 
11N135W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.