Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 05:45:10 -0500

106 
FZPN40 PHFO 021045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N148W TO 26N152W TO 21N152W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 10N160E TO 12N162E TO 12N167E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 08N AND 12N W OF 168E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 27N170W 17N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 
22N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 
16N152W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N170E 27N177E 13N177E 
22N162E 27N170E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N141W TO 10N156W TO 09N178W TO 05N171E.  SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 05N AND 09N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 172E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.