Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 07:00:16 -0500

467 
ATHW40 PHFO 021200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 02 2010

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH CONTINUES TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE ISLANDS TOWARD 
THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST.  OVERALL...LOW CLOUDS HAVE DECREASED SINCE 
LAST EVENING...THOUGH BROKEN CONDITIONS...WITH SOME EMBEDDED 
SHOWERS...ARE STILL OCCURRING OVER THE ISLES THIS EARLY MORNING.  
THE MOST CONCENTRATED LOW CLOUDINESS IS CURRENTLY LOCATED FROM THE 
KAIWI CHANNEL THROUGH MAUI COUNTY AND ONTO THE BIG ISLAND.  CEILINGS 
STRETCH JUST NORTH AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY...NORTH AND WEST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH OF OAHU.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED 
ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...EXCEPT A BAND OF 
SHOWERS...ORIENTED EAST-NORTHEAST TO WEST-SOUTHWEST...HAS FORMED 
WITHIN 30 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CAPE KUMUKAHI ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW 
CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH 
ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH IS NEARLY STATIONARY EAST AND NORTHEAST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND.  THE CLOUDINESS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM HAS 
BECOME MORE DIFFUSE OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.  AT THE MOMENT... 
THE CLOUD ELEMENTS THAT REMAIN ARE WITHIN 130 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 30N144.5W TO 24.5N149W TO 23.5N154.5W.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A TROUGH IS 
ALONG A LINE FROM 23N155W TO 19N156.5W TO 14N157W...WHICH IS JUST 
WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THE FEATURE HAS DRIFTED WEST OVER THE PAST 
SEVEN HOURS.  A NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER RIDGE IS WEAKENING MORE 
THAN 500 MILES WEST OF KAUAI.  THE AXIS OF THE RIDGE IS ROUGHLY 
ALONG A LINE FROM 22N168W TO 28N173W TO 31N175W.

UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS OCCURRING SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...THOUGH ACTIVITY HAS DECREASED SINCE 
THE PREVIOUS BULLETIN.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FIRING FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 147W AND 168W...AND FROM 04N TO 12.5N 
WEST OF 168W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.