Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:31:42 -0500

157 
FZPN01 KWBC 021531
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N150W 993 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 
141W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ALSO FROM 42N 
TO 47N BETWEEN 161W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N146W 987 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 59N148W TO 54N136W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 50N BETWEEN 133W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 19 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 132W AND 151W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
ABSORBED BY LOW 59N147W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N151W 977 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. N OF 54N BETWEEN 142W AND 
149W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF THE 
ALEUTIANS FROM 50N TO 61N BETWEEN 136W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH LOW 59N166W DESCRIBED BELOW 
AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 58N146W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N163W 982 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. N OF THE ALEUTIANS WITHIN 
480 NM SW AND W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N166W 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS...AND N OF 54N BETWEEN 172W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N165W 991 MB. N OF 52N BETWEEN 171W AND 
179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM 
OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N179E 1006 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 120 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N156W 998 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT FROM LOW TO 50N165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 1000 MB. N OF 55N BETWEEN 138W AND 
147W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N176E 1002 MB. FROM 42N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 179W AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N171W 996 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N163W 983 MB. FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 
159W AND 168W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 129W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 53N BETWEEN 120W AND 137W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 41N176E 1012 MB MOVING NE 25 
KT. FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 174W AND 169E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 43N171W 1009 
MB. FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 160W AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N163W 
DESCRIBED IN ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 176W AND 160E NE WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 53N W OF 172E SW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 146W AND 160W. 

.HIGH 35N146W 1026 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N153W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N146W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 33N158W 1025 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 34N153W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.HIGH 39N166W 1022 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N152W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N139W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 33N178W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N167E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 04.

.WARNINGS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.S OF 18N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 133W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 17N BETWEEN 103W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 12N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N120W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 134W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W TO 
15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 134W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W TO 
12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

.FROM 05N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 80W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. S OF 03N BETWEEN 81W AND 85W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1300 UTC SAT OCT 02...

.LOW PRES 10N137W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 270 NM 

.SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 03N E OF 80W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 80W AND 90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...15N96W TO 11N108W TO 10N119W 
TO 11N132W TO LOW PRES 10N137W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.