Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:45:18 -0500

097 
FZPN40 PHFO 021645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N150W TO 21N154W MOVING W SLOWLY.

.TROUGH FROM 11N160E TO 13N164E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
THE TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 27N170W 17N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 
22N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 
16N152W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N165E 30N180W 20N179E 
13N171E 24N161E 30N165E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N144W TO 10N155W TO 09N177W TO 05N171E.  SCATTERED 
STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 09N BOUNDED BY 170E AND 175E.  ISOLATED 
TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 12N BOUNDED BY 169W AND 175E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.