Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:34:57 -0500

025 
FZPN01 KWBC 022134
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N146W 992 MB MOVING N 25 KT. FROM 38N TO 52N BETWEEN 138W 
AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 43N TO 
48N BETWEEN 154W AND 166W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 985 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 59N149W TO 57N138W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 152W...AND FROM 48N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 130W AND 154W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
ABSORBED BY LOW 59N146W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.S OF THE ALEUTIANS FROM 52N TO 61N BETWEEN 137W AND 168W S TO 
SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 59N148W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N165W 983 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. N OF THE ALEUTIANS WITHIN 
420 NM S AND W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N163W 986 MB. FROM 53N TO 58N BETWEEN 
159W AND 180W N OF 58N BETWEEN 172W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N165W 993 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 169W AND 
178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N177W 1005 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 120 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N154W 998 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT FROM LOW TO 50N160W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 1010 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 135W AND 
146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N166E 1008 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 171E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N173E 1004 MB. FROM 42N TO 48N W OF 169E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N177E 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 
174W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N159W 981 MB. FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 
156W AND 162W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 54N WITHIN 900 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 33N TO 54N BETWEEN 
159W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 41N179E 1012 MB MOVING NE 25 
KT. FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 44N166W 1006 
MB. FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 154W AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N159W 
DESCRIBED IN ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 179E AND 162E NE WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 49N TO 54N BETWEEN 179E AND 167E SW TO W 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 46N W OF 164E SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 158W AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 
155W.

.HIGH 47N133W 1024 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 34N148W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N147W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N163W 1025 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N164W 1024 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N147W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N136W 1031 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N172E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 04.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 11N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS LITTLE CHANGE. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.S OF 18N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 17N BETWEEN 102W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 12N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 134W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N117W TO 
15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N117W TO 
12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2030 UTC SAT OCT 02...

.LOW PRES 10N137W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM E AND 90 NM 
W QUADRANTS. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 88W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N97W TO 11N105W TO 10N120W 
TO 11N132W TO LOW PRES 10N137W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.