Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:45:11 -0500

422 
FZPN40 PHFO 022245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT OCT 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 26N152W TO 21N154W MOVING W 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LIEN FROM 30N170E TO 18N170W TO 10N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
15N160W TO 15N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N162W TO 
10N140W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA N OF 12N W OF 174E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 1ON150W TO 10N167W TO 07N167E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 180W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.