Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 22:06:06 -0500

126 
ATPQ40 PGUM 030305
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN OCT 3 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM NORTHWEST OF PALAU NEAR 11N130E TO END 
AT IWO TO ISLAND. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
OCCURRING SOUTH OF IWO TO ISLAND BETWEEN 25N AND 20N FROM 140E TO 
148E AND JUST NORTHWEST OF YAP WITHIN 120 MILES OF 10N137E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 15N160E TO END 
NEAR CHUUK. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WELL 
NORTH OF POHNPEI WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N153E TO 14N161E 
AS WELL AS EAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N154E TO 
11N157E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWARD FROM A LOW CENTERED AT 
25N168E TO END NEAR 16N165E. UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE SOUTH AND EAST 
OF THESE FEATURES IS AIDING IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH AND EAST OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 200 
MILES OF A LINE CURVING FROM 25N172E TO 20N175E TO 14N166E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS EAST OF KOSRAE 
OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 9N AND 3N FROM 164E TO 172E AND 
BETWEEN 14N AND 7N FROM 172E TO THE DATE LINE.
 
$$

WILLIAMS/ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.