Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 22:38:32 -0500

012 
FZPN01 KWBC 030338
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 52N145W 990 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FROM 43N TO 56N BETWEEN 
136W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 986 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 56N136W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N150W 988 MB. N OF 57N BETWEEN 
138W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N165W 985 MB MOVING SE 10 KT WILL TURN NE AFTER 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND N OF 59N BETWEEN 
169W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N163W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE 
FROM 57N159W TO 57N180W...AND N OF 57N BETWEEN 173W AND 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N165W 992 MB. OVER THE BERING SEA 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N173W 1006 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N150W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N169E 1007 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM S AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N174W 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 
170W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N154W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND FROM 52N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 164E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 49N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.LOW 42N171W 1012 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N158W 1006 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 40N170W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT AND S OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 52N154W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.LOW 42N178E 1013 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 47N174W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 138W NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 174W AND 160E E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 153W AND 169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 
150W. 

.HIGH 50N130W 1021 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 43N133W 1021 MB DRIFTING E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N151W 1026 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N147W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N161W 1025 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 39N160W 1026 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N144W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N133W 1031 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N160E 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N176E 1032 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS BUILDING 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS LITTLE CHANGE. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 18N BETWEEN 95W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 17N BETWEEN 102W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 12N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N118W TO 20N127W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 134W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N117W TO 
20N128W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N116W TO 
12N120W TO 12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR NE. 

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0215 UTC SUN OCT 03...

.LOW PRES 10N137W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM E 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF 13.5N137W. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N81W TO 11N105W TO 10N120W 
TO 11N132W TO LOW PRES 10N137W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 81W AND 88W.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.