Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 23:45:13 -0500

499 
FZPN40 PHFO 030445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 26N169W TO 18N164W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 27N170E TO 20N173E TO 15N166E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 18N170W TO 10N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
15N160W TO 15N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N162W TO 
10N140W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N170W TO 07N180W TO 09N167E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 178W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.