Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 00:35:51 -0500

131 
ATHW40 PHFO 030535
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 03 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS ABOUT 95 MILES SOUTH OF LIHUE THIS EVENING. 
THIS UPPER LOW BEGAN MOVING TO THE WEST OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS 
AFTER MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST PREVIOUSLY. HIGH CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE UPPER LOW ARE PASSING OVER THE SOUTHERN SHORES OF KAUAI AND 
OVER NIIHAU AT 7 PM. 

THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOWS JUST A FEW AREAS OF LOW 
CLOUDS OVER THE SMALLER HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ON KAUAI...THE LOW CLOUDS 
WERE FOUND OVER THE EASTERN THIRD OF THE ISLAND...AND ON OAHU...THE 
CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE. A FEW CLOUDS DOTED THE 
ISLANDS OF MOLOKAI...LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE. ON MAUI...A FEW CLOUDS 
WERE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS...WITH MORE CLOUDS FOUND OVER THE EAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST 
FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA.

THE MOST CLOUD COVERAGE WAS FOUND OVER THE BIG ISLAND WITH JUST 
ABOUT THE ENTIRE ISLAND COVERED. THE CLOUDS EXTENDED UP THE SLOPES 
TO ABOUT ELEVEN THOUSAND FEET. 

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE NOTED IN THE ITCZ SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS. 
THE EASTERN AREA IS NEAR 9.5N 153.9W. THE NEXT AREA IS NEAR 12N 
159W...AND THE WESTERN AREA IS NEAR 10.9N 166.7W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.