Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 04:48:11 -0500

710 
FZPN01 KWBC 030948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 55N144W 988 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. OVER WATERS N OF 40N 
BETWEEN 134W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N149W 986 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 58N141W TO 56N136W. BETWEEN THE FRONT AND THE ALASKAN 
COAST WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 42N180W 1013 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N168W 1000 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 840 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N150W 978 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 44N BETWEEN 132W AND 
156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N172E 1005 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
174E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 48N168W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N165W 988 MB MOVING SE 05 KT WILL TURN N AFTER 12 HOURS. 
ACROSS THE BERING SEA WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 59N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N163W 989 MB. N OF 52N BETWEEN 173W AND 
180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N167W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 51N160W TO 58N172W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N168W 1012 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N155W 1003 MB. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 48N168W WITHIN 480 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N150W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 54N160W TO 51N172W SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N146W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 
300 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 126W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN 119W AND 129W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 135W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 50N153W TO 43N164W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 
151W. 

.HIGH 33N152W 1025 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N147W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 37N159W 1025 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N141W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1032 MB.

.HIGH 32N162W 1025 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N163E 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N178E 1030 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS BUILDING 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N132W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N116W TO 
12N120W TO 12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR NE. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN OCT 03...

.LOW PRES 10N138W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER. 

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N91W TO 
10N101W TO LOW PRES 10N137W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 84W AND 90W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.