Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 07:34:20 -0500

892 
ATHW40 PHFO 031234
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 03 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 245 MILES SOUTHWEST OF 
LIHUE AT 2 AM. OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS THIS UPPER LOW HAS MOVED 
TO THE WEST. AS THE LOW MOVES TO THE WEST...HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE 
ISLANDS ARE ALSO MOVING TO THE WEST. HIGH CLOUDS ARE CURRENTLY 
COVERING MOST OF OAHU...AND MAKING LOWER CLOUDS HARD TO DISCERN ON 
INFRARED IMAGERY. THIS AREA OF HIGH CLOUDS EXTENDS TO THE NORTHWEST 
OF OAHU OVER THE KAUAI CHANNEL.

SKIES ARE NEARLY CLOUD FREE OVER NIIHAU OVERNIGHT. SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...WITH ADDITIONAL 
CLOUDS IMMEDIATELY UPSTREAM OF THE GARDEN ISLE. AS MENTIONED 
ABOVE...THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER OAHU ARE OBSCURING LOWER CLOUDS OVER 
THE ISLANDS AT 2 AM. JUST A FEW LOW CLOUDS REMAIN OVER MOLOKAI... 
KAHOOLAWE AND LANAI OVERNIGHT. SIMILARLY...JUST A FEW AREAS OF 
CLOUDS ARE NOTED ON MAUI...PRIMARILY FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES. 

LOW CLOUDS HAVE THINNED OVER AND AROUND THE BIG ISLAND OVER THE LAST 
SEVERAL HOURS...WITH ONLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS REMAINING AT 2 AM. 
ADDITIONAL LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ABOUT 60 MILES UPSTREAM OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. 

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUES IN THE ITCZ TO THE SOUTH OF 
THE ISLANDS. AS OF 2 AM...THE ONLY THUNDERSTORM AREA LIES ALONG A 
LINE FROM 11N 151W TO 7.6N 157.9W...WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING NEAR 46 
THOUSAND FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.