Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 09:46:36 -0500

846 
ATPQ40 PGUM 031446
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON OCT 4 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

UPPER-LEVEL LOWS SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA AT 20N132E AND NORTHEAST OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 25N168E ARE TRIGGERING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 
20N AND 23N FROM 131E TO 134E...AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM 24N166E TO 
24N171E.

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE BETWEEN THE CNMI AND IWO TO ISLAND IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 20N AND 
25N FROM 139E AND 150E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR CHUUK AT 7N150E TO 
END NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 21N168E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS EAST OF KOSRAE 
AND OVER AND NORTH OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
A LINE FROM 6N166E TO 6N180 TO 25N177E TO 25N171E BACK TO 6N166E.
 
$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.