Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:33:30 -0500

191 
FZPN01 KWBC 031533
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 987 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 59N147W TO 55N137W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 47N BETWEEN 133W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 47N BETWEEN 130W AND 153W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
ABSORBED BY LOW 59N146W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 43N171W 1009 MB MOVING NE 30 
KT. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 45N159W TO 40N178E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 48N156W 995 
MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...AND FROM 34N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 50N155W 981 MB. FROM 45N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 159W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N147W 968 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
58N147W TO 57N138W TO 50N137W TO 40N150W. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 
NM SE AND S QUADRANTS...AND N OF 51N WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF 
FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 
61N BETWEEN 131W AND 155W...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 120W AND 132W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 119W AND 128W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N161W 1002 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF 
A TROUGH FROM LOW TO 50N166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 1002 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE...N OF 51N BETWEEN 138W AND 146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
56N147W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 59N168W 988 MB MOVING E 05 
KT. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 59N BETWEEN 172W AND 
180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 59N165W 989 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 
480 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N165W 992 MB. W OF 155W WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 44N TO 62N BETWEEN 166W AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N176E 1004 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 
180W AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N169W 1001 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N147W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 175E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N153W 1013 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 146W AND 
160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 46N W OF 169E.

.HIGH 38N153W 1026 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N137W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N132W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 33N154W 1026 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N143W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 44N171W 1014 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N168E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N178E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS BUILDING 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N101W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 120W AND ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 
92W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN 
W SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 110W AND 123W AND 
ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 10N137W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM N AND 120 NM S 
SEMICIRLCE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 14N TO 25N W 
OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N119W TO 07N133W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N139W 1011 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 25N W OF LINE 25N132W TO 12N136W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N119W TO 
10N132W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES W OF AREA. FROM 13N TO 26N W OF 130W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF LINE FROM 
30N114W TO 10N130W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1300 UTC SUN OCT 03...
.LOW PRES 10N137W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 05N E OF 80W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 83W AND 90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N88W TO 07N96W TO 
10N104W TO 12N122W LOW PRES 10N137W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
150 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 103W.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.