Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 13:32:47 -0500

734 
ATHW40 PHFO 031832
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 03 2010

SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS...ALONG AN AXIS FROM 21N151W TO 16N150W. ANOTHER SURFACE 
TROUGH LIES WEST OF THE ISLANDS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 23N171W TO 
16N167W. THESE FEATURES ARE EASILY SEEN GIVEN THE BROKEN STABLE LOW 
CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC NORTH OF A LINE FROM 
13N140W TO 16N170W...AND SOUTH OF 30N. WATER VAPOR LOOP...SHOWING 
FEATURES MAINLY ABOVE ABOUT 24000 FEET...SHOWS AN UPPER LOW WEST OF 
THE ISLANDS NEAR 20N165W. ALL OF THESE FEATURES ARE MOVING TOWARD 
THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. 

CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE ISLANDS HEAVILY FAVORS WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
AREAS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI 
AND THE EASTERN THIRDS OF OAHU AND MOLOKAI. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
BEGINNING TO FORM ACROSS MAUKA SECTIONS OF LANAI. MAUI HAS OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD HALEAKALA SLOPES AS WELL AS ACROSS 
WINDWARD WEST MOUNTAIN SLOPES. OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD 
BIG ISLAND SLOPES FROM SOUTH OF LAUPAHOEHOE...WRAPPING SOUTHWEST 
ACROSS SOUTH-FACING PUNA SLOPES. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER KAU 
SLOPES...WHILE CLOUD COVER IS BEGINNING TO INCREASE ACROSS WINDWARD 
KOHALA SLOPES AND KONA SLOPES FROM MILOLII TO CAPTAIN COOK. WATERS 
UPWIND FROM MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND HAVE OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...WITH 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS NOTED ELSEWHERE ACROSS WINDWARD WATERS. EXCEPT FOR 
THE BIG ISLAND PLUME EXTENDING WEST FROM THE SOUTH KONA 
SHORELINE...LEEWARD WATERS HAVE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS TO CLEAR SKIES.

SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS...ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS ARE FLARING NORTH OF 
08N AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 08N150W TO 12N153W TO 08N165W. 

$$
POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.