Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 16:45:23 -0500

047 
FZPN01 KWBC 032145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN OCT 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 59N148W 981 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 59N148W TO 57N137W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 51N BETWEEN 134W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 152W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 44N166W 1006 MB MOVING NE 20 
KT. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 47N154W TO 39N179E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 49N157W 989 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SE 
AND S QUADRANTS...AND FROM 37N TO 49N BETWEEN 160W AND 179E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
179E AND 163E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N151W 976 MB. FROM 48N TO 52N BETWEEN 
147W AND 155W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 58N144W TO 51N135W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N145W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N133W TO 43N145W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 49N BETWEEN 
128W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO S OF 49N 
WITHIN 240 NM E AND S OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W NW TO N 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N156W 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF A TROUGH FROM LOW TO 51N161W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 49N BETWEEN 136W AND 147W 
S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N145W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 58N168W 986 MB MOVING E 05 
KT. FROM 54N TO 57N BETWEEN 158W AND 180W...AND N OF 57N BETWEEN 
173W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 58N166W 989 MB. FROM 49N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 56N BETWEEN 161W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 48N TO 52N BETWEEN 180W AND 168E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N163W 992 MB. FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 
153W AND 179W...AND FROM 54N TO 61N BETWEEN 170W AND 174E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N179E 1004 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 
177W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N157W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW W OF AREA 44N149W 1004 MB. FROM 39N TO 
45N W OF 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 47N159E 1006 MB. FROM 39N 
TO 49N BETWEEN 177E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N149W 1012 MB. FROM 33N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 
156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 47N W OF 170E. 

.HIGH 40N148W 1026 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N136W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 33N149W 1026 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N141W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N173E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N180W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 47N126W 1031 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N172E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. 
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N101W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W AND ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 
85W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN W 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W AND 
ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 11N138W 1012 MB. WITHIN 60 NM N AND 120 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 14N TO 25N W OF 132W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N117W TO 18N130W TO 05N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N139W 1011 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 25N W OF LINE 25N132W TO 12N136W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER AREA W OF LINE 30N118W TO 
10N132W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES W OF AREA. FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 130W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF LINE FROM 
25N114W TO 10N130W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN OCT 03...

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 83W AND 89W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N86W TO 08N97W TO 
10N102W TO 09N110W TO 12N125W LOW PRES 11N138W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 104W.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.