Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:22:32 -0500

907 
ATPQ40 PGUM 040322
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON OCT 4 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

CONVERGING SOUTH WINDS ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS JUST NORTH AND EAST OF IWO TO ISLAND NORTH OF A LINE 
FROM 25N140E TO 23N146E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N142E TO 17N157E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE TROUGH 
BETWEEN GUAM AND CHUUK WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N143E TO 
14N153E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN FARTHER WEST OR JUST EAST OF YAP 
BETWEEN 10N AND 12N FROM 139E TO 143E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 17N162E. 
DIVERGENT WINDS NEAR THE LOW ARE COMBINING WITH CONVERGING SURFACE 
WINDS TO TRIGGER WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER A LARGE AREA. THIS AREA IS BETWEEN 9N AND 25N 
FROM 160E TO 180...INCLUDING ENEWETAK ATOLL AND WAKE ISLAND.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS BETWEEN CHUUK 
AND POHNPEI WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N154E TO 10N159E. 
SIMILAR CONDITIONS ARE ALSO FOUND FROM EAST OF POHNPEI WESTWARD TO 
THE DATE LINE BETWEEN 2N AND 9N FROM 161E TO 180...INCLUDING KOSRAE 
AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS.
 
$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.