Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 23:00:23 -0500

191 
FZPN01 KWBC 040400
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON OCT 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 43N169W 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N155W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SE...540 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS AND N OF 51N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N149W 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N148W TO 57N140W TO 52N132W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N AND 
NE OF THE FRONT...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 978 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS...120 NM N SEMICIRCLE...AND 240 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 53N132W TO 37N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 
FT...EXCEPT SE OF THE FRONT 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N156W 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 51N155W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N149W 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N175W 1002 MB MOVING E 20 KT. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 43N169W WITHIN 480 NM S AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 51N155W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N169W 990 MB MOVING E 05 KT. ACROSS THE BERING SEA 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 56N BETWEEN 
173W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N166W 989 MB. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 51N155W WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW OF A 
LINE FROM 54N155W TO 54N163W TO 61N175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 126W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 44N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 165E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N178E 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 171E AND 160E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW INLAND 60N150W 984 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH S TO 
SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 176W AND 160E E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS S OF AREA.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 140W AND 
152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 47N W OF 170E. 

.HIGH 40N146W 1026 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N134W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N134W 1028 MB.

.HIGH 32N147W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 43N160E 1030 MB MOVING SE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N175E 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N177W 1029 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 48N127W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N170E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. 
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W TO 11N101W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W AND ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 
85W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN W 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W AND 
ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 11N139W 1011 MB. WITHIN 60 NM N AND 120 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 14N TO 25N W OF 132W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N117W TO 18N130W TO 05N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N140W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 23N W OF LINE 23N128W TO 12N135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER AREA W OF LINE 30N118W TO 
10N132W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES W OF AREA. W OF LINE FROM 25N114W TO 
10N130W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0215 UTC MON OCT 04...

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 83W AND 88W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N85W TO 08N98W TO 
10N102W TO 09N110W TO 12N123W TO LOW PRES 11N139W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 101W AND 104W.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.