Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 00:31:18 -0500

794 
ATHW40 PHFO 040531
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON OCT 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 04 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 21.0N 167.2W... 
ABOUT 515 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF LIHUE. THIS LOW HAS CONTINUED TO 
MOVE TO THE WEST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS. 
HIGH CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW ARE FOUND TO THE NORTH AND 
WEST OF BUOY 51001 AT 7 PM.

THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOWED SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER 
THE SMALLER ISLANDS...CONCENTRATED OVER THE WINDWARD SIDES. OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS...KAUAI HAD THE MOST CLOUDS OVERHEAD...OVER THE 
EASTERN HALF OF THE ISLAND. ON OAHU...LOW CLOUDS DOTED THE KOOLAU 
MOUNTAIN RANGE. ON MOLOKAI...THE CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE HALAWA 
VALLEY...AND ON LANAI...CLOUDS WERE FOUND OVER THE INTERIOR OF THE 
ISLAND. ON MAUI...CLOUDS WERE FOUND IN THE TYPICAL TRADE WIND REGIME 
AREAS ALONG THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND 
OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS WERE PLENTIFUL OVER THE NORTH 
HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ISLAND. 
ADDITIONAL CLOUDS FORMED OVER THE AFTERNOON OVER THE KAU...SOUTH 
KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS. 

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST 
BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH.

ONE MAIN AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IS NOTED IN THE ITCZ TO THE SOUTH OF 
THE ISLANDS THIS EVENING. CLOUD TOPS REACH NEAR 45 THOUSAND FEET IN 
THE CLOUDS NEAR 7.7N 164.1W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.