Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 00:47:06 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 040600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/040600Z-050600ZOCT2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.2N
108.OE, HAS MOVED OVER LAND AND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
      (2) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 14.8N 110.7E,
APPROXIMATELY 250 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF HAINAN. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A BROAD CIRCULATION WITH
INCREASED DEEP CONVECTION. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM
IS LOCATED IN AN AREA WITH GOOD DIVERGENCE AND ENHANCED POLEWARD
OUTFLOW INTO AN UPPER LEVEL, MID-LATITUDE TROUGH. VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR IS MODERATE (15 TO 20 KNOTS) AND SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES ARE
WARM. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
WHILE A DISTINCT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER IS STILL IL-DEFINED
AND IS TRACKING CLOSER TO LAND, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.