Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 04:44:36 -0500

503 
FZPN01 KWBC 040944
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON OCT 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 45N164W 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 
160W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N150W 980 MB. FROM 48N TO 51N BETWEEN 
147W AND 153W...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 58N144W TO 
52N136W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SE AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS...AND N OF 45N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N145W 990 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 51N134W TO 46N140W TO 36N150W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 52N TO 59N BETWEEN 142W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 49N154W 1002 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N150W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N172W 1001 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 37N TO 50N BETWEEN 
170W AND 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N150W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N165W 989 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. ACROSS THE BERING SEA 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 53N BETWEEN 
173W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N162W 992 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND N OF 55N BETWEEN 170W AND 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 600 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 51N157W TO 62N175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 126W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N178W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 
360 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 174E AND 160E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N153W TO 43N166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 56N BETWEEN 138W AND 
148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 167E AND 160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 173E AND 
160E. 

.HIGH 40N142W 1028 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N133W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N134W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 43N163E 1029 MB MOVING SE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N178E 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N178E 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 46N129W 1025 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175E 1018 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 10N101W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 91W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 11N140W 1012 MB. FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 133W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N121W 11N133W 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES W OF AREA. W OF LINE 30N116W 13N127W 
10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N E OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON OCT 04...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO LOW PRES 
10N104W TO 10N130W TO LOW PRES 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF 8.5N103W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.