Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 07:37:14 -0500

744 
ATHW40 PHFO 041237
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON OCT 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 04 2010

THE UPPER LOW WEST OF THE ISLANDS IS NEAR 20.8N 167.8 AT 2 
AM...ABOUT 550 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE LOW HAS CONTINUED 
TO MOVE TO THE WEST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS.

LOW CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED OVER AND UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS SINCE SUNSET. THE LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE 
MOVING IN FROM THE EAST AROUND 20 MPH. 

LOW CLOUDS ARE THICKEST AND MOST PLENTIFUL OVER THE BIG ISLAND AND 
MAUI AT 2 AM. ON THE BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE NORTH 
HILO...SOUTH HILO...PUNA AND THE EASTERN HALF OF THE KAU DISTRICT. 
LOW CLOUDS EXTEND ALMOST 300 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. ON 
MAUI...WHILE SOME CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...MORE CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS AN AREA OF CLOUDS MOVES 
ONSHORE. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND TO THE EAST AND SOUTH INTO THE 
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL.

JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER KAHOOLAWE AND LANAI AT 2 AM. THE 
AREA OF CLOUDS OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI INCREASED A BIT 
SINCE SUNSET. ON OAHU...CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE KOOLAU 
RANGE...BUT OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS...ADDITIONAL CLOUDS HAVE 
FORMED OVER THE CENTRAL VALLEY. AS OF 2 AM...SCATTERED CLOUDS WERE 
FOUND OVER KAUAI...BUT ADDITIONAL CLOUDS WERE JUST OFFSHORE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.