Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:12:20 -0500

263 
FZPN01 KWBC 041610
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON OCT 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N164W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 900 NM SW AND E AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N148W 970 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N149W TO 57N138W TO 53N135W WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 420 
NM S AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS...WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. ALSO N OF 45N BETWEEN 129W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 59N150W 994 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW OF A LINE FROM 53N151W TO 
52N160W TO 58N174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST 
IN SE QUADRANT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N151W 1001 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 45N164W ABOVE...N OF 50N BETWEEN 136W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N148W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N165W 991 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N148W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 54N BETWEEN 120W AND 132W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 120W AND 129W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N153W 1014 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
45N143W TO LOW CENTER TO 35N160W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N129W TO LOW CENTER TO 32N153W. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 48N W OF 174E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N175W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 41N171W TO 45N168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N150W TO 45N160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM E AND SE OF A LINE 
FROM 56N140W TO 51N138W TO 42N148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N TO 47N W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 176E AND 
162E. 

.HIGH 39N140W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N133W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N135W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 41N169E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N179E 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N178E 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N130W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N130W 1022 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N167E 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N180E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 99W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 
94W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 133W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT 20 TO 25 
KT FROM 19N TO 23N SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N120W 12N130W 12N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N116W 10N128W 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 129W TO BAJA CALIFORNIA WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 13N TO 21N W OF 
123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1300 UTC MON OCT 04...
.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 80W AND FROM 07N TO 08N 
BETWEEN 80W AND 84W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N86W TO 09N97W TO LOW 
PRES 09N105W 1009 MB TO 12N128W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS E OF 90W AND WITHIN 150 NM S OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 102W AND 105W.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.