Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:45:12 -0500

537 
FZPN40 PHFO 041645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON OCT 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N142W 1009 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 06N168W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND 
WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH W OF 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N144W 1010 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N150W 1011 MB.

.TROUGH FROM 22N161E TO 26N163E TO 29N167E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 16N TO 28N BETWEEN 178E AND 160E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N171W TO 29N176W TO 29N178E MOVING E 15 KT AND 
WEAKENING.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 30N145W MOVING E 10 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 28N175W TO 28N173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 27N164W TO 26N174E.

.E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 20N E OF 
160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.ELSEWHERE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 13N E OF 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 10N147W TO 
17N162W TO 26N157W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N160E TO 
30N179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 21N E OF 162W...AND 
N OF A LINE FROM 26N173E TO 26N180E TO 30N163W.

.ELSEWHERE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N174W TO 07N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 
15N W OF 172E...AND FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 172E AND 179E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.