Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:17:16 -0500

316 
FZPN01 KWBC 042217
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON OCT 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N158W 989 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 1020 NM SW...840 NM 
SE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N146W 972 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 360 
NM SW AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. ALSO N OF A LINE FROM 42N180W TO 45N146W TO 48N127W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 59N150W 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
1020 NM SW AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT IN SW TO W SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N148W 999 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 48N158W ABOVE...N OF 50N BETWEEN 134W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N146W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N165W 991 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 48N158W ABOVE...WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N146W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 50N E OF 132W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 33N WITHIN 120 NM OF THE OREGON AND 
CALIFORNIA COASTS AREA OF NW TO N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT WITH NW SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 44N E OF 130W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N148W 1014 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
44N142W TO LOW CENTER TO 34N156W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N130W 
TO 42N140W TO 34N148W. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 45N W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N173E 1011 MB. FROM 38N TO 45N W OF 
178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N172W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 43N178E TO 43N172E TO 41N161E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N147W TO 47N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N TO 48N W OF 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 180W AND 
164E. 

.HIGH 41N135W 1030 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N133W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 41N171E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N180W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N177E 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N128W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N173E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 48N139W 1015 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 
12.5N96.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 12N97.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12.5N96.5W TO 10.5N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 
93W AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. 
REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12.5N96.5W TO 11N98W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 09.5N TO 11.5N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 11N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 09.5N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 99W AND 103W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 
13N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NE SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES 09.5N105.5W 1011 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 60 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09.5N107W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N109W 1012 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.LOW PRES 14N117W 1012 MB MOVING W-SW 12 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12.5N121W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N124W 1013 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT 20 TO 25 
KT W OF 136W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N116W TO 16N117W TO 10N134W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 129W TO BAJA CALIFORNIA WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES 
AND NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC MON OCT 04...
.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 86W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N86W TO 
09N95W TO LOW PRES 09.5N105.5W 1011 MB TO 10N120W TO 12N127W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS E OF 90W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.