Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:45:07 -0500

998 
FZPN40 PHFO 042245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON OCT 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N143W 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 08N155W TO 
05N169W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 10N TO 15N E OF 148W...AND IN AREA BOUNDED BY 11N157W TO 
11N149W TO 08N149W TO 04N172W TO 10N171W TO 11N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N146W 1012 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N150W 1012 MB.

.TROUGH FROM 20N160E TO 24N162E TO 28N166E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF LINE FROM 30N167E TO 
26N177E TO 17N177E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N164W TO 29N174W TO 30N176E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 27N179W TO 30N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 27N170W TO 25N174E.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 
160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS E 
OF LINE FROM 23N140W TO 17N162W TO 14N153W TO 13N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST WATERS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA FROM 14N TO 20N BETWEEN 142W AND 150W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 13N TO 26N E OF 159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF LINE 
FROM 24N155W TO 17N164W TO 11N154W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 175E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 13N 
TO 18N E OF 164W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N176W TO 07N175E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BOUNDED BY 15N164E TO 08N180E TO 04N171E TO 07N160E TO 12N160E TO 
15N164E...AND WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 04N161E TO 01N163E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.