Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:45:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 042330
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/042330Z-050600ZOCT2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
     (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR
17.0N 108.8E IS NOW RELOCATED TO 17.0N 108.8E, APPROXIMATELY 95NM
EAST-NORTHEAST OF HUE CITY, VIETNAM. RECENT ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A RAPIDLY CONSOLIDATING
AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION. A 041857Z AMSU-B MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOWS A
COMMA-SHAPED BAND FEEDING INTO WHAT IS LIKELY A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). AN EARLIER ASCAT VERIFIES A LARGE
CYCLONIC WIND FIELD WITH WINDS APPROACHING GALE FORCE IN THE
NORTHEASTERN QUADRANT AS NORTHEASTERLY FLOW MOVING OFF OF EASTERN
CHINA CONVERGES INTO THE DISTURBANCE. HOWEVER, THE LOCATION OF THE
LLCC IS UNCERTAIN. VIGOROUS POLEWARD DIFFLUENCE AND LOW TO MODERATE
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR IS HELPING TO FUEL THE DEEP CONVECTION. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED AT 1002 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS
IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3.  JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B(1) TO
GOOD.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.