Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 19:15:10 -0500

411 
ATHW40 PHFO 050015
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 05 2010

A VEERING TRADE WIND FLOW AND GREATER THAN NORMAL CLOUD COVER IS 
FOUND ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON. BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD PORTIONS OF MOST ISLANDS...WITH 
THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF CLOUDS FOUND OVER OAHU...KAUAI...AND 
THEIR ADJACENT WATERS. INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUD MOTIONS ARE FROM THE 
EAST SOUTHEAST AROUND 25 MPH...STRONG ENOUGH TO CARRY SCATTERED TO 
LOCALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER LEEWARD PORTIONS OF THE SMALLER 
ISLANDS. MEANWHILE...DAY TIME SEA BREEZES ON LEEWARD BIG ISLAND HAVE 
PRODUCED OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS OVER ALL SLOPES BELOW 8 KFT.

HIGH PRESSURE ALOFT CENTERED NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 30N150W 
IS PRODUCING STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND STABLE CONDITIONS OVER AND EAST 
OF THE STATE THAT IS CAPPING THE LOW CLOUDS AROUND 9 KFT. SATELLITE- 
DERIVED PRECIPITABLE WATER VALUES ARE HOVERING AROUND 1.3 INCHES 
NEAR THE ISLANDS...DROPPING RAPIDLY TO 1 INCH TO THE EAST. THE 
INFLUENCE OF THE UPPER HIGH IS INCREASING OVER THE STATE AS AN UPPER 
LOW 560 MILES WEST OF KAUAI NEAR 23N170W MOVES OFF TO THE NORTHWEST 
AROUND 12 MPH.

TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE...THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WITHIN THE ITCZ IS 
LESS THAN NORMAL...THOUGH A WEAK TROUGH ALONG THE NORTHERN FRINGE OF 
THE ITCZ IS APPROACHING SOUTHERN BIG ISLAND. THE TROUGH IS LOCATED 
ALONG 17N153W TO 11N143W AND IS TRAVELLING TO THE WEST NEAR 25 MPH. 
BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH 
AND CAN BE SEEN 50 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

ELSEWHERE...A BAND OF OVERCAST CUMULUS MARKING THE LEADING EDGE OF A 
COLD FRONT HAS DROPPED SOUTH INTO THE AREA TODAY. THE FRONT IS 
LOCATED 90 MILES NORTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL AND IS MOVING TO THE 
SOUTHEAST AT 15 MPH. THIS FRONT IS DISPLACING THE SURFACE RIDGE 
SOUTHWARD...LEADING TO THE EAST SOUTHEASTERLY DIRECTION OF THE TRADE 
WIND FLOW NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.