Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 23:45:10 -0500

437 
FZPN40 PHFO 050445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N143W 1011 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 09N155W TO 
05N169W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS  FROM 10N TO 15N 
E OF 150W...WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH W OF 150W...AND WITHIN 45 NM OF 
LINE FROM 10N173W TO 09N165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N147W 1013 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N152W 1013 MB.

.FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 29N177E TO 30N169E. FRONT MOVING S 10 KT E OF 
179E...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 27N179W TO 30N166E. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 171W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 25N176W TO 26N172E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 25N160E TO 27N162E MOVING W 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS W OF LINE FROM 30N165E TO 26N175E TO 20N175E TO 15N168E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N164W TO 29N174W TO 30N176E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 21N E OF 148W...AND FROM 15N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 151W 
AND 159W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 13 FT FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 145W AND 151W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF LINE FROM 27N156W TO 17N159W TO 11N146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF LINE FROM 24N155W TO 17N164W 
TO 11N154W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 170E AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 163W AND 175E. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 13N TO 18N BETWEEN 147W AND 161W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS .

.ITCZ FROM 08N176W TO 07N175E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BOUNDED BY 15N163E 14N168E 07N178E 04N168E 06N160E 13N160E 15N163E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.