Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 00:18:44 -0500

305 
FZPN01 KWBC 050518 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N153W 984 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 980 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 62N150W 999 MB. FROM 50N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 147W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN 
SW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N147W 993 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM E 
AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
59N144W DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 50N129W TO 
37N130W TO 30N122W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 
125W AND 130W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 118W AND 131W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN N TO NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N143W 1010 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N132W TO LOW CENTER TO 36N150W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT S OF 46N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH NEW LOW 45N138W 1007 MB. 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 49N135W TO LOW CENTER SW TO 32N150W. WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 160E AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N179E 1012 MB. FROM 38N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N168W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N163W 992 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 900 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N165W 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM W AND 
900 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 154W 
AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N177E 1008 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 
177W AND 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 140W AND 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 160E AND 
171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 162E AND 
177W. 

.HIGH 40N135W 1031 MB DRIFTING E WILL TURN S AND ACCELERATE 
AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N133W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N135W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 39N175E 1031 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N178E 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N178E 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 46N129W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N173E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 53N135W 1012 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 13.5N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 10.5N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 
100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 
09.5N TO 11.5N BETWEEN 100W AND 105W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13.5N96W TO 10.5N100W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 09.5N TO 11.5N 
BETWEEN 100W AND 106W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 106W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13.5N96W TO 10.5N100W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 09.5N TO 12.5N 
BETWEEN 100W AND 107W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 107W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. REMAINDER OF 
AREA S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MERGING SW AND NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES 10N106W 1011 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N107W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N109W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 14N118W 1011 MB MOVING W-SW 12 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N122W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N126W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.FROM 13N TO 24N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT 20 TO 25 
KT W OF 138W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N116W TO 16N117W TO 10N134W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26.5N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND 
NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0230 UTC TUE OCT 05...
.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 05N TO 09N E OF 90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N86W TO 
09N95W TO LOW PRES 10N106W 1011 MB TO 09N115W TO 11N127W TO 
11N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.