Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 04:58:47 -0500

484 
FZPN01 KWBC 050958
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N150W 980 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
AND 120 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 58N144W TO 56N137W WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N...480 NM S AND 660 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 44N148W TO 36N159W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N145W 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT IN W 
TO SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 54N AND E OF 149W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 46N BETWEEN 120W AND 
130W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 
125W AND 131W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN N TO NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N139W 1007 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM  
LOW CENTER TO 40N144W. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 127W 
AND 135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN W TO SW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 160E AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N178W 1014 MB. FROM 37N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 174W AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N165W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N162W 993 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 720 NM S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
1020 NM S QUADRANT WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 61N176W TO 55N166W TO 48N158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W AND 169W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N161E 1007 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N180W 1006 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 
173W AND 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N141W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 33N147W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 138W AND 148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 160E AND 
174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 168E AND 
176W. 

.HIGH 40N134W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WILL MOVE SW 10 KT 
AFTER 12 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N136W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N135W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 39N178E 1031 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N178E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N177E 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 53N164E 1018 MB MOVING SE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N178E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 47N128W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 13.5N96W TO 12N98W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N95W TO 12N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N95W TO 14N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE. 

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 116W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 14N119W 1012 MB MOVING WSW 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13N122W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N126W 1012 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 28N115W TO 08N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE OCT 05...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N78W TO 10N105W RESUMES
FROM 10N123W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.