Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 05:45:09 -0500

597 
FZPN40 PHFO 051045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N144W 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM E QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 29N177E TO 30N169E. FRONT E OF 175W MOVING E 
20...REST OF FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 28N170W TO 28N170E. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 170W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 28N157W TO 29N165W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N155W TO 29N167W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 21N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 19N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 13 FT FROM 13N TO 19N BETWEEN 142W AND 152W...SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 160W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 148W AND 162W 
AND N OF 23N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 27N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N150W TO 09N160W TO 07N170W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 165W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.