Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:47:51 -0500

235 
ATHW40 PHFO 051247 CCA
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE CORRECTED
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 05 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 800 MILES WEST OF 
KAUAI MOVING WEST AT 20 MPH. A BROAD UPPER LEVEL HIGH IS CENTERED 
NEAR 28N151W NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND IS BUILDING 
WESTWARD OVER THE STATE EARLY THIS MORNING. THIS IS RESULTING IN 
STRONG SUBSIDENCE AND STABLE CONDITIONS OVER AND EAST OF THE STATE 
THAT IS CAPPING THE LOW CLOUDS AROUND 8 KFT. AT THE SURFACE...A 
STRONG SURFACE HIGH CENTERED NEAR 41N131W HAS AN ASSOCIATED RIDGE 
EXTENDING TO 26N159W. NEARLY PARALLEL AND TO THE WEST OF THE RIDGE 
AXIS IS A COLD FRONT WHICH IS TRACKING EASTWARD. THE SOUTHERN FRINGE 
OF AN ASSOCIATED OVERCAST CLOUD BAND GOES FROM 45N143W TO 30N168W TO 
27N174E AND IS AROUND 175 MILES IN WIDTH. THE COMBINATION OF THE 
STRONG HIGH FAR TO THE NORTHEAST AND THE APPROACHING SYSTEM IS 
RESULTING IN FRESH EASTERLY WINDS OVER THE MOST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING.

A WEAK TROUGH WITH AN AXIS FROM 19N158W TO 10N141W IS TRAVELLING TO 
THE WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH...BROKEN 
CUMULUS CLOUDS AND NUMEROUS SHOWERS ARE MOVING ONTO THE EASTERN 
PORTION OF THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE EAST-SOUTHEAST. FURTHER SOUTHEAST 
ALONG THIS TROUGH AXIS...EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE 
PRESENT WITHIN THESE LOWER CLOUDS AND CUMULONIMBUS WITH TOPS TO 45 
KFT IN HEIGHT ARE PRESENT AT THE BASE OF THE TROUGH NEAR 11N144W.

OVER THE SMALLER MAIN ISLANDS...BROKEN CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS 
CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND THROUGH 
OAHU ALONG WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS TRAVELING TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST 
BETWEEN 15 TO 20 MPH. KAUAI HAS SCATTERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED 
SHOWERS.

FAR TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE...THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY HAS INCREASED 
OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS IN THE ITCZ. MOST OF THESE STORMS ARE 
CURRENTLY BETWEEN 07N TO 11N AND 150W TO 170W.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.