Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:55:42 -0500

902 
FZPN01 KWBC 051555
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N147W 973 MB MOVING NE 10 KT WILL TURN W AFTER 12 HOURS. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 120 NM NE OF 
A FRONT FROM 56N149W TO 58N147W TO 57N139W TO 51N133W WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 720 NM SE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. ALSO N OF 45N BETWEEN 
128W AND 176E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 992 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST SE OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 54N AND E OF 142W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO 
NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 
48N E OF 129W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 45N143W TO 33N162W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N135W 1004 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 38N145W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 48N W OF 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N174W 1013 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S OF A 
LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 43N175E TO 43N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N160W 1001 MB. WITHIN 120 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S OF A LINE FROM 
39N162W TO 42N175W TO 40N167E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 
.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM SW AND S OF A LINE FROM 58N173W 
TO 48N160W TO 47N152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N152W 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 
360 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N167E 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 420 
NM E QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N178W 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 420 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N139W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N150W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AREA OF SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 48N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 137W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 41N TO 47N W OF 171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 49N W OF 178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 170E AND 
175W. 

.HIGH 43N132W 1033 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N129W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N179E 1029 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N176E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 51N170E 1018 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N175W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N141W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 12N97W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE. 

.LOW PRES 09N106W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N109W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N112W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 116W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.

.FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 26N W 
OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 22N 
W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.N OF 28N E OF 117W N TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 23N BETWEEN 115W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1300 UTC TUE OCT 05...
.ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF THE COAST OF COLUMBIA FROM 
02N TO 06N.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N85W TO 08N93W TO LOW 
PRES 10N106W TO LOW PRES 13N119W TO 10N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE E 
OF 88W WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS AND N OF AXIS OVER FORECAST WATERS 
TO 11N. 

$$
FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.