Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:45:09 -0500

139 
FZPN40 PHFO 051645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N146W 1011 MB MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 27N180W TO 29N170E. FRONT E OF 175W MOVING E 
20...REST OF FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 28N170W TO 26N175E TO 
27N170E. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 
170W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 28N155W TO 29N160W TO 
27N165W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 15N154W TO 18N155W MOVING W AT 15 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N149W TO 
18N156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 28N160W TO 29N168W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 22N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 18N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 160W. SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N W OF 
168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 160W AND N OF 
A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 25N175E TO 30N168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 170E AND 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N150W TO 09N161W TO 06N178W TO 08N171E TO 07N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
150W AND 180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 
170E.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.