Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:06:40 -0500

854 
FZPN01 KWBC 052206
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 975 MB MOVING N 05 KT WILL TURN W AFTER 06 HOURS. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 
WITHIN 780 NM SE...480 NM S AND 1380 NM SW QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 
780 NM AND 1080 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST SE 
OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W N TO 
NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 33N TO 46N E OF 129W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W N WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN N SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 46N141W TO 34N158W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N134W 1008 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 33N151W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N174E 1008 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
38N TO 45N W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 40N171W 1011 MB. 
WITHIN 360 NM S OF A LINE FROM 41N167W TO 44N177E TO 41N160E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 38N155W 1000 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 40N152W TO 41N171W TO 
45N165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N153W. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND S OF A 
LINE FROM 59N173W TO 52N161W TO 48N158W TO 50N149W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N146W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N134W 1006 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N145W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AREA OF SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 164E AND 
179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.HIGH 42N131W 1033 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N129W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 36N180W 1029 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N178E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 52N170E 1018 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N175W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N137W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...LITTLE CHANGE. 

.LOW PRES 10N108W 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISPT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 106W 
AND 109W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN E WIND WAVES AND 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N112W 1012 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 60 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.

.ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 1012 MB 14N120W. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW 
SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1012 MB 12N126W. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 FT. FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 
120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 13N TO 25N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 08N132W TO 15N127W. FROM 
17N TO 20N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 135W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2000 UTC TUE OCT 05...
.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 06N TO 08N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N93W TO LOW 
PRES 10N107W TO LOW PRES 14N120W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.