Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:45:09 -0500

194 
FZPN40 PHFO 052245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE OCT 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 13N147W TO 10N148W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM SE QUADRANT OF A POINT AT 11N148W.

.TROUGH FROM 19N159W TO 15N159W MOVING W 15 KT. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 17N161W 
TO 17N155W TO 14N152W.

.FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 27N180W TO 27N173E TO 30N167E. PORTION OF 
FRONT W OF 175W MOVING S AND W AT 15 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING E 20 
KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 28N170W TO 
26N180W TO 27N170E TO 30N163E. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 
NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 170W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 28N160W TO 26N170W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 28N160W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 19N E OF 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 25N TO 19N FROM 170E TO 180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 24N TO 18N BETWEEN  
168E TO 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WNDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 10N TO 24N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 12N TO 20N E OF 160W.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N157W TO 18N168E TO 23N164E TO 
30N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 20N168E TO 15N168E TO 
12N160E.

.ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 24N AND 19N FROM 160W TO 178W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N154W TO 09N160W TO 07N170E TO 07N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM EITHER SIDE OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 170W AND 175W. ALSO...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 200 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 168E. OTHERWISE...ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 200 NM S OF REST OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.