Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 19:20:12 -0500

474 
ATHW40 PHFO 060020
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED OCT 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 06 2010

MOISTURE ALONG THE NORTHERN FRINGE OF A SURFACE TROUGH PASSING JUST 
SOUTH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS CONTINUES TO ENHANCE CLOUDS OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND.
 
THE TROUGH RUNS FROM 17N163W TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST TO 15N154W AND IS 
MOVING TO THE WEST AT SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 15 MPH. A BAND OF BROKEN 
CUMULUS CLOUDS EXTENDS 200 MILES NORTH OF THE TROUGH...AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS RISING TO 41 KFT ARE EMBEDDED IN THE BAND. THE 
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 100 MILES SOUTH OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS AND 30 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.

MOISTURE ALONG THE NORTHERN FLANK OF THE BAND IS REMAINS HUNG UP 
OVER WINDWARD AND SOUTHEAST PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND. BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CUMULUS CLOUDS BLANKET THE SLOPES SOUTH OF LAUPAHOEHOE AS 
WELL AS THE WAIPIO VALLEY VICINITY. AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES HAVE LED 
TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER LEEWARD SLOPES OF 
MAUNA KEA AND THE NORTH AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS BELOW 10 KFT. CLOUD 
TOPS ON THE SLOPES RISE TO 14 KFT...EVEN THOUGH RIDGING ALOFT 
IS CREATING SUBSIDENCE AND STABLE CONDITIONS OVER AND EAST OF THE 
ISLANDS.

ACROSS THE REST OF THE STATE...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD AND 
MAUKA AREAS...WHILE LOCALLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ACROSS 
LEEWARD SECTIONS. SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER NEARBY WATERS ARE 
TRAVELLING FROM THE EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH AND VEERING OUT OF THE EAST 
SOUTHEAST NORTH OF KAUAI AND OAHU.

ABOUT 750 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE STATE...A WEAK DISTURBANCE EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A SURFACE TROUGH IS PRODUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH 
TOPS TO 43 KFT SOUTH OF 13N AND EAST OF 149W. THUNDERSTORM COVERAGE 
HAS DECREASED IN THIS AREA DURING THE DAY.

A WEAKENING COLD FRONT IS STALLED OVER MIDWAY ATOLL. THE FRONT IS 
MARKED BY A 175 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS CENTERED 
ALONG 30N169W AND 27N180. THE ADVANCE OF THE FRONT HAS DISPLACED THE 
SUBTROPICAL RIDGE SOUTHWARD INTO THE AREA ALONG 30N151W TO 
28N159W...LEADING TO THE VEERING LOW LEVEL FLOW NORTH OF KAUAI.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.